Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"Ber" Months are Here: Countdown Begins

As the month of September kicks off, the Christmas countdown for us Filipinos begin. We can hear Christmas songs played on some radio stations, in the mall or even at home. Others start to buy Christmas decors and decorating it at home. Malls and other commercial establishments start in preparing and selling some products intended for Christmas season. But still Christmas here in Philippines traditionally begins on December 16, the start of simbang gabi or dawn masses.

I just don't know why I feel a bit of loneliness whenever I hear Christmas song. Perhaps, it's normal to feel this day especially when you're far from your family. Another thing for sure is I don't have special someone this time to spend with on that special day. But still I have to look forward on it and keep the true spirit of Christmas alive in my heart.

0 comments: