It was a fine Good Friday when my brother and I talked over the cellular phone. We talked about his plan of going back to school this coming June. I also asked him about some updates on the lives of our relatives and was told they're all good. After our short talk, I felt bad deep inside realizing that my own life isn't good enough despite of such hard work and sacrifices I've made. I felt worthless, pitied myself and burst into tears when suddenly shadow of my childhood years flashed back into my mind. It was a past situation filled with helplessness, insecurities and greatest fear to reveal the darkest side of my life which I have had carried for so long and until now still haunting me once in a while. I sobbed for a moment until things calm down and I felt better.
After a while, I turned on the television and joined the solemn observance of Holy Friday by watching the live telecast of "7 Last Words" on ABS-CBN and meditating the words of God. These are the final phrases of Jesus on the Cross:
- Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing. (Luke 23:34)
- Today you will be with me in paradise. (Luke 23:43)
- Woman, behold thy son; behold thy mother. (John 19:26-27)
- My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? (Mark 15:34)
- I thirst! (John 19:28)
- It is finished. (John 19:30)
- Father, into Your hands I commend my spirit. (Luke 23:46)
Father, into Your Hands is my destiny. Your words will be my light of hope in the darkness of my life and refreshing water in the thirstiness of my spirit. In every stair of my life there will be a cross of trials, but I do not fear to take hope for You, God, is with me forever.