Tuesday, April 26, 2011

After the Storm

Many years ago, I was disgusted and feeling distress when my sister disclosed to me that she was raped with someone else when she was just a child. I don't know what is the exact age of her when it was happened. The guilty person who did the crime was my grandparents' helper in their farm. We don't have any idea where he is now because I don't have a bit of information of his whereabouts even before. I was the only one who knew what had happened to my sister. I can see from her eyes the pain and sadness that she had. The sad thing part of it was it took so many years before she courageously confided it with me. But still, I'm very thankful and relieved because she trusted me. At least, I now fully understand her talks and actions when we were still young and growing up. 

I know how it's been so hard for her to cope with the situation. Depression is the worst feeling in this world that overshadowed her that's why she once tried to commit suicide by taking sleeping pills. I have witnessed how she'd done it and I burst into tears because I felt the excruciating pain, hopelessness, self-pitiness and downfall she'd feeling. Unintentionally, I found a handwritten letter she kept in her personal thing. It was a letter narrating what she'd been through. A letter where she put all her emotions about failures, anguish, fears and envy about something in her life.


I still vividly remember when I'd advised her many years ago to tell everything about it to a man she chooses to be with forever before they will decide to get married. And I know she keep it that words in her heart and mind. I was pleased and grateful when after many years of coping with the situation she'd finally found the man who accepted her for who and what she is. Now, my sister is happily married. The wedding took place at the province last year. And at this moment we are thankfully and gladly waiting for the very first grandchild in our family. Yes, she's pregnant now.  She'll be giving birth on her first bundle of joy this coming June. God is really good. And I thank God for all the love and graces He poured.

0 comments: