Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Reflection of Faith

During my childhood days, I once felt I was lost. I was searching for a place that I could say I am loved for what I am. I am so blessed when I stayed with Lola Cion, my grandfather's first cousin, because of her I was taught how to keep my faith with God to be stronger each day. I saw how would she fervently kneel and pray everyday. She opted to be single that's why she's living alone in her house. My mother agreed with her that I would sleep with her at night. I enjoyed my nights staying with her. I've learned how to pray the rosary earnestly. I am so pleased to witness how she really cared for her entire family by praying all of them individually and asking God to protect and guide them. I was so amazed how she loved and cared for them all. 

Life is full of struggles and circumstances. Sometimes, I can hardly feel the presence of love of God. I can't understand why God allowed some bad things happened in my childhood life. Why He didn't protect me when I was molested as a child? Until now, the only profound answer I have in mind is: I don't know. I really don't. But God knows. And that's enough. I believe everything happens for a reason. As Bo Sanchez says, "God won't protect you from all pain. But He will allow the pain that can turn into a great blessing." The Bible says, All things work for good to those who love God.

Despite all hardships and pain I have endured, I'm still strong. And that's because of God's grace and protection. Inspirational and motivational books have a great impact in my life. I picked up all the words of wisdom I found on it and keep it as my armor in struggling life's journey. God's Word and faith in Him are the two powerful tools of mine in surmounting the mountain of life I've been through. But it isn't easy. There are times I see myself being knocked down. But God is good. God put His arms around me and lifted me up.

0 comments: