Friday, March 19, 2010

A Prayer to Start a Day

I was feeling tired and weary a day ago after the stressful work schedule we had in our department.  In order to start the day with much energy and enthusiasm,  I had decided to look for a worklife prayer that would energize me when I'm feeling weary. I browsed the net and had found this special kind of prayer. I would pray it every day before doing my tasks.
 
Lord Jesus, as I enter this workplace, I bring Your presence with me.  I speak Your peace, Your grace and Your perfect order into the atmosphere of my workplace. I acknowledge Your Lordship over all that will be spoken, thought, decided and accomplished this day.

Lord Jesus, I thank you for the gifts and skills You have deposited in me. I do not take them lightly, but commit to using them responsibly and well. Give me a fresh supply of truth and beauty on which to draw as I do my job today. Bless my creativity, my ideas, my energy so that even my smallest task may bring You honor.


Lord, when I’m confused, guide me, when I’m weary, energize me. Lord, when I’m burned out, infuse me with the light of Your Holy Spirit. May the work I do and the way I do it bring hope, life and courage to all who I come into contact with today.

And oh Lord, even in this day’s most stressful moments, may I rest in You. In the name of Jesus, I pray.   Amen

I made a photo art embossed with this very nice prayer and had clicked as my desktop wallpaper.

0 comments: