Monday, August 02, 2010

A Downhearted Friend

It feels like a knife stabbed my heart while reading Roni's post about her most ardent wish of having a bundle of joy to complete her family. I can feel her aching heart, a lost soul trying to find a flicker of hope, solace and comfort just to bear the pain in her pcos journey. Perhaps I couldn't figure out enough to fathom what she feels but I can perceive that there is a melancholy and gloominess in her eyes whenever she sees a pregnant women passing by or a proud mother cuddling her precious child. If only there is something I could do to make her wish comes true I would gladly do it. Despite of my incapability of doing so, I would be very affectionate to offer her a words of encouragement, a tender and loving arms to comfort her, a shoulder to cry on and ear to listen so that in my own little way I could lift up her spirit from the downward spiral of frustration and envy.

Finding hope in the God's protection will be the only certain thing we could do. One way of doing this is by praying and sharing our pain with Jesus. As Jesus says: 

28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

1 comments:

Iam veRONIque said...

I love you friend. You brought tears of happiness in my eyes. How could I ever thank you enough for always being my constant strength and happiness?! I am truly bless having you. Everyday, I look forward to your voice of encouragement, your smile and your undying support. Lucky I am to have found a true friend in you. It is hard typing this while tears are flowing in my eyes but as I much I could I will always tell you thank you for a lifetime of true friendship. I maybe going through this tough battle but knowing that I have you it would be worth it. I was lost then you found me and I found you, indeed we are meant to me, destined to be friends. I am so grateful to have someone like you, most people look for a genuine friend and has found none. Do you know how much you mean to me? you are the light in my darkest alley.